5 Nov 2011

Halloween Lunch



Hey people! Happy Bonfire Night folks! Well technically, that isn’t till later in the day but hey ho….

Anyway, so last weekend, I went out for lunch with some kinda old definitely-semi-friends and we had a grand old time catching up on what we’ve all been up to. Actually, I say catching up but it was more like showing off. By the end of it, I was kinda exhausted because it felt like I had been in a strenuous competition to see who had done the most exciting stuff or achieved the most since we last saw each other. That is one lunch date I’m not gonna be rushing into again... lol!

So after the lunch date, I figured I’d indulge in some Halloween shopping. I went hunting for inspiration for my costume. I’m so last minute with these things and so I was going to go with the first thing I found. Last minute and lazy. Its Halloween for goodness sakes! Its not like you’re supposed to take it too seriously. I promise to get better with the shopping at Christmas!

Anyway, so I finally found a fancy dress shop (Ting-Ting-Ting Jackpot!!! I could get all I needed from one place instead of having to trawl through the whole of Westfield for different items). So I got some face-paint, a snow white costume and some contact lenses (I decided to go as an undead-yet-dead snow white – don’t judge, I know what a rubbish costume this seems like in theory but in my head, this would be an absolutely genius idea once all put together – after a vigorous backcombing of my hair of course!) Somewhere in between this:

And this:


Anyway, shopping done! Time to go home, chill out and then get ready for the party. On my way back, I noticed quite a few admiring stares from people and I was thinking, “Damn, my military wrap dress and hooker heels were really paying off” (all 6 inches of them! Okay, they’re not really hooker heels but that’s what I like to refer to them as). I pretended not to notice and yet was showing off for my admirers. I even put on my sunglasses so I could check out the people who were checking me out without them noticing that I was checking them out. (Oh please!!! LOL! Don’t judge me - I’m sure we’ve all checked out people behind our sunglasses, perfectly pleased that they couldn’t see that we were checking them out!)

Needless to say, by the time I got home, I was on a high – “Damn, I’m hot!” I was thinking…. Till I caught a reflection of myself in my sunglasses as I was taking them off. Turns out I had some face-paint smudged on my face the entire time (dear goodness, I really really REALLY hope it was face-paint!)… OH THE HORROR! Oh the shame….*shakes head* Fingers crossed people may have thought that I was dressed up early for Halloween? One can only hope! Haha! *shakes head*

25 comments:

{ Kimberlee Turley } at: 5 November 2011 at 14:14 said...

I refer to my 7" heels as my hooker heels. Any time I wear high heels over 3" I've noticed people will naturally stare at me. Probably is just the clacking sound they make.

{ Jennie Bailey } at: 5 November 2011 at 20:18 said...

I had a sunglasses incident in Palm Springs one Spring Break. I thought I was all hot in my bikini lounging around the pool, sunglasses on. I'm so incredibly blonde that I didn't notice the LIGHT difference between one eye and the other. It wasn't until some friends joined me at the pool when their hangovers wore off that I realized what had happened. "Nice sunglasses, Jenn" - and I thought they were just being snobby about my knock-offs (I refuse to spend more than $15 on a pair of them because I lose them and have to buy new ones almost weekly)...No one actually came out and said what was wrong with them. "Shut up, they were cheap." "Yeah, I bet. They must have been charging you for one lens." Oh boy. What an ass. I think with it being Halloween, you can pass the face paint off. They were probably trying to figure out what your costume was. ;-) But the half sunglasses? I have never lived that down...

{ Francine Howarth } at: 5 November 2011 at 20:59 said...

Hi,

Thank your lucky stars you didn't know at the time, and reality hit when alone! :) But hey, one often sees weird make-up or bad spray tan jobs resulting in tiger-stripes. ;)

best
F

{ Elise } at: 5 November 2011 at 21:02 said...

Ooo great costume Idea :) I think I would probably trip and break my neck and a few other things wearing heels that high LOL. Great post and new follower :) Thanks for being a reader on Gladiator's Pen :)
http://gladiatorspen.blogspot.com

Anonymous at: 5 November 2011 at 22:26 said...

"Semi-friends" -- that made me smile. Yep, I've got a few of those myself!

{ Unknown } at: 6 November 2011 at 00:12 said...

you are so funny Lola. I love readiNg your posts

{ MunirGhiasuddin } at: 6 November 2011 at 02:23 said...

Such a fun post. I am sure all of us have done fun things. High heels is a different kind of pain. a pain that you do not feel until you are old and your spine begins to give in. I think who we call the Joneses may come in the catagory of "semi frriends."

{ Rebecca } at: 6 November 2011 at 02:28 said...

sadly heels and i are not friends anymore

{ jabblog } at: 6 November 2011 at 10:10 said...

I can sympathise with your competitive lunch - I hate affairs like that (mostly because I NEVER come out on top - LOL!)
Hope you enjoyed your Halloween party - and then Bonfire Night, of course;-)

{ Joylene Nowell Butler } at: 6 November 2011 at 20:00 said...

Lola, this was wonderful. What a hoot you are. Thanks for the chuckles. I needed them. Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

{ Unknown } at: 7 November 2011 at 10:22 said...

Hi Lola, thank you for visiting my blog. You have a lovely blog, very interesting, great read! I am a new follower. :)Looking forward to read more from you. :)

{ Unknown } at: 7 November 2011 at 10:22 said...

plus on twitter too. :)

{ Janet Johnson } at: 7 November 2011 at 13:59 said...

I hate those moments! On top of the world, then *CRASH*

Hope you had a wonderful Halloween in your fabulous costume. :)

{ Sarah Ahiers } at: 7 November 2011 at 14:11 said...

oh man! that is such an awesomely creepy pic of undead snow white. I totally approve

{ Julie Musil } at: 7 November 2011 at 21:35 said...

Oh my gosh, what a story! And six inch heels? Yowza. My feet hurt just thinking about it.

{ Mary@GigglesandGuns } at: 8 November 2011 at 15:08 said...

Wanted to thank you for dropping by to say hi!

I so pictured every bit of this including the smudge. Thanks for the laugh and don't feel too badly, we've done this and worse. :-)


Mary

Anonymous at: 8 November 2011 at 17:33 said...

Happy day no matter what you do! Your blog is such an inviting place and I liked visiting ---- Goodselfme on blogspot

{ Unknown } at: 9 November 2011 at 03:33 said...

Happy Halloween late Lola! Thank you for dropping by my blog. I was surprised by your comment and happy at the same time. Love, Imogen Rayne:) Stop by again. I love your blog.

{ Tamara Hart Heiner } at: 10 November 2011 at 11:51 said...

I cannot even imagine walking in something taller than a 4" heel! good for you! and stay away from the competitive lunch dates. not fun.

{ Miz } at: 10 November 2011 at 13:25 said...

Ouch!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Yeah, we've all had these moments!! Love the costume!!

{ Li } at: 10 November 2011 at 18:06 said...

What...no pictures for us? :-)) If it's any consolation, the last time I wore heels I sort of teetered over to one side and fell off the edge of the pavement. I am now famous as the only person around who can fall off a sidewalk. (The fact that I had a gorgeous dress on has, of course, been forgotten.)

{ Unknown } at: 13 November 2011 at 07:07 said...

LOL at the facepaint! Please put up a picture of your costume :D

Adiya
http://museorigins.com

{ BB } at: 14 November 2011 at 02:09 said...

LOL....hilarious!

{ Lola X } at: 16 November 2011 at 16:09 said...

Haha!!! Thanks for the comments everyone! That's one experience to just shake off and learn from I think! lol!

{ Unknown } at: 18 November 2011 at 16:13 said...

Hi Lola, I'm trying to get in touch with you. do you have email: fabulosityreads@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Lola Land! The re-invention of me
Add blog to our blog directory.
 

Copyright © 2011 Lola Land! The re-invention of me.... All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks