7 Jun 2011

These are a few of my favourite things…



Well, 10 of them anyway! And so, in no particular order, my 10 favourites things this week are…
1.) A pair of Louboutins - *day dreams* How can anybody say no to these babies? I like the simple, classic black ones but these pair give you an edge. It looks fantastic while making you stand out just that little bit extra... (plus they look alluring and kinda dangerous - imagine being kicked by a pair!)





2.) Beyonce - Run the world (girls) video - YES WE DO! (Sorry guys!) Queen Bee is back and while I'm not entirely sure of the sound, the video blows me away. She can move like no one else can. Way to go Bee! I've been obsessing over the dance moves in this video. I refuse to have another embarrassing debacle attempting them so I'm just gonna appreciate them from the comfort of my sofa.
3.) Chocolate - Enough said...
4.) Merlot - I'm usually not a fan of red wine for so many reasons - ruined dresses (and carpets - which for some reason, core contents insurance doesn't cover), hangovers which feel like your head is being gnawed by a pitbull and near-immediate wine stained teeth. As a result, I avoid red wine most of the time, especially so on a night out but for some reason, I'm really into Merlot now...especially with a lovely meal. If you're not a convert, try it on a quiet night in. (You're welcome!)
5.) Hot Men (underwear optional) - Once again, enough said!
6.) Tate Modern - I love the Tate Modern. Granted, I don't understand what half of the art is about but the other half I do (kinda sometimes) get makes it so worth it! They have so many old pieces I'd only ever seen in magazines or read about in books - Monet, Matisse, Warhol, Picasso... to mention but a few. And the view of London from restaurant is priceless (well, maybe not so priceless... a 3 course meal will set you back about £28 or you could opt for a light lunch at around £8.50). It's one of my favourite hideways in London.
7.) Vinyl Record Players - Why in the world did people stop using them?! I'm so into them at the moment. They're such a throwback and I absolutely love the way it contrast with all the mod cons I have. Armed with a decent Merlot, they make for such a lovely night in.
8.) Gossip Magazines - Ask me in public and I will deny every laying eyes (let alone hands) on them however I do love them my gossip magazines. Not enough to buy them mind, but enough to pester people who have bought them to pass them on to me when they're done. I have to admit though, some of the stories in them are more comic than gossip. Like the one about Kim Khardasian (did I spell that right?) being pregnant. The magazine in question went ahead to say that Kim had been gushing about expecting a baby and put specific details about what she'd said as part of the magazine cover. Two hours after I saw this cover, Kim Khardasian herself denied being pregnant! Like where in the world do they get this information from???!!! (Okay, I'm in a bit of a quandry with this 'favourite thing'). 
9.) Prada Black Patent Leather Quilted Handbag - I fell in love with this as soon as I laid eyes on it. I've got the Prada Crocodile skin purse and this handbag goes with anything. Anything! Yes, even that! (Whatever it is you're thinking of...). Infact, I'll stop talking and let you feast your eyes on it.. Enjoy!
10.) Black cabs - because this always symbols the start or the end of a fabulously raucous night out in London! 


9 comments:

Anonymous at: 8 June 2011 at 00:05 said...

loving the favorite things Lola! especially the Merlot

{ Chic Therapy } at: 8 June 2011 at 03:28 said...

I think i am the only person not feeling Beyonce's new jam

{ Catherine } at: 8 June 2011 at 10:58 said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I really like those Louboutins! Nice blog post :)

http://catherineava.blogspot.com/

Kara at: 8 June 2011 at 12:51 said...

I like the louboutins and chocolate!I've never been to Tate Modern but i love art paintings. Nice post

{ Unknown } at: 8 June 2011 at 15:25 said...

Hmmm! loving the items on the list, most esp. Miss Beyonce, Hot Men and a pair of Louboutins

http://daydreamsofaneverendingcloset.blogspot.com/

{ Skinny Hipster... } at: 8 June 2011 at 17:42 said...

ohhh LOUBS!!!

{ Lola X } at: 9 June 2011 at 01:16 said...

Thanks for the comments girls!!!
Lola x

{ Unknown } at: 9 June 2011 at 14:50 said...

Nice one- great list. I don't like Bee's song either, but the video rocks. Lol at underwear optional hehe

Adiya

{ Lola X } at: 11 June 2011 at 00:47 said...

Thanks Adiya!

Lola x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Lola Land! The re-invention of me
Add blog to our blog directory.
 

Copyright © 2011 Lola Land! The re-invention of me.... All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks