20 Nov 2011

These are a few of my favourite things...


Another instalment in “These are a few of my favourite things”.  So, without further ado, these are the things that are either rocking my world or that I aspire to get to rock my world. Not the most exciting or adventurous of lists but winter’s round the corner and its hibernation time! Hahaha!
1.) Nandos – You can beat that Piri piri chicken. I swear I practically drink the sauce everytime I go. And I always go extra hot as well!!! Partly because I like it (I love spicy food!!!) but also partly to prove to my friends that I can!

2.) Champagne – Especially free Champagne! Haha! I like the bubbles – not so much the hangover the next day if you’re fortunate (or unfortunate – I can decide which) to get drunk on it.
3.) Open fire – I love going back to the country side and snuggling in front of the fire place. It’s like my favourite place in the house at winter.
4.) The Inbetweeners – H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! Amazing show! And I fancy two of the guys! Joe Thomas (who plays Simon – hubba hubba!!!) and Blake Harrison (who plays Neil). Another ‘don’t judge me’ moment here – I looked on Wikipedia and it turns out they’re actually older than me, so there. Haha!
5.) D&G Mini Bag – Fantastic on a night out! Stores the essentials – keys, mobile phone… you get the picture.
6.) Orchids – These are, without a doubt, my favourite flowers! Sorry but roses just don’t cut it with these bad boys around. They take ages to bloom but they’re so worth it!
7.) Archie comics – these are such a throw back to me growing up and I like them as much now as I did before! I just stock piled on almost 40 of them for Christmas time. (I did say it was hibernation time)

8.) Chanel Watch – such a classic design! I want one! So much… So, er…. if you wanna treat me to something nice for Christmas… * hint * * hint *
9.) Pugs – Sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more!

10.) John Lewis Christmas advert - This is one of my favourite things mostly because it totally took me by surprise! I’d ignored it initially till one day I was watching TV and stuffing my face my pizza and I watched it properly. I was crying by the end of it – and I assure you, I don’t cry that easily. Not with adverts anyway. Lol! I expected a different ending as well, which added to the surprise.


And that’s all folks! Catch you soon! xoxo

11 comments:

{ Natalie Decker } at: 21 November 2011 at 01:04 said...

Hey Lola,

I am going around everyone's blogs that are currently following me and thanking them. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and what better way to show thanks then to thank all my fellow bloggers? So, Thank you, and I hope you have a great weekend!

{ ladydazy } at: 21 November 2011 at 01:11 said...

Love the white Channel watch and those Pugs!!!

{ Jennifer Young } at: 21 November 2011 at 02:00 said...

These are great Lola! Thanks for sharing them. I'm so inspired to make my own now. So, thanks for that too!!

{ Belle } at: 21 November 2011 at 02:40 said...

I love champagne, fireplaces and orchids. It would be lovely to have all three together!

Anonymous at: 21 November 2011 at 10:15 said...

Nandos, yum!!!

{ Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness } at: 21 November 2011 at 18:06 said...

Can you post a recipe for that chicken or is it a trade secret? I love pugs too. They always looks like they are laughing at me and I can respect an animal with that kind of contempt for me.

{ Demilade } at: 24 November 2011 at 16:39 said...

Love the pugs. They are really cute and Archie comics are great too.

{ Sisi Yemmie } at: 24 November 2011 at 21:15 said...

Awwwww I didn't know the advert was going to end that way. Love it!

{ Lola X } at: 24 November 2011 at 21:38 said...

@Roza, thanks!!!
@Lazyday, me too... I want them so much!
@Jennifer, you're welcome, thanks!!!
@Belle, Oh yeah! definitely!!!
@Gaelle, I know right? I'm on my way out there right now.
@Cal, I wish I knew the recipe too!!! It's a Nandos secret (well you can buy the sauce but it never tastes the same). lol! @laughing pugs!
@Demmy, yeah, pugs are amazing!!! And the Archie comics are such a throw-back.
@Sisi Yemmie, I know!!!!!!!!! That was the same thing here and that was what took me by surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{ Muse Origins } at: 24 November 2011 at 22:09 said...

I heart this list. Happy thanksgiving

Adiya
Muse Origins FB

{ Geoff Maritz } at: 25 December 2011 at 20:12 said...

They say giving is so much more rewarding, I think so too. Merry Christmas girl, Geoff.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Lola Land! The re-invention of me
Add blog to our blog directory.
 

Copyright © 2011 Lola Land! The re-invention of me.... All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks