11 Jun 2011

Quirk-spiration





Hello from Paris!!! Arrived this afternoon and so far the girls and I have had a fairly relaxed evening. Dinner and a few drinks with a little spot of sightseeing. Mature, I know! I feel so proud or ashamed... can't quite figure out which. Anyway, the madness starts tomorrow! We have an afternoon of pampering planned and in the evening, we plan on wrecking all any evidence of the afternoon’s pampering! Can’t wait!!!


In the meantime, I’ve been feeling a bit inspired and I put together a few quirky things on my train journey here. 

1.) A throne fit for a queen! I fell in love with this at first sight. It's such a statement piece of furniture. (Chair from Firebox)


2.) This is a weird item to own considering it's an actual human skull but with all these diamonds this Damien Hirst piece is one that stands out for me. It's soooooooooo shiny! (I sound like a magpie!) I could stare at this all day - I'd probably end up having nightmares of it but at least they'd be glittery nightmares...


3.) Okay this is technically a boy's toy but I would absolutely love to take one of these down to the beach. Not so much quirky as sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! (Flying Water Thingymajiggy from Firebox)


4.) Black is definitely back and even much better so in mannequins (okay, weeeeeaaaak rationalisation) but these would be so cool to have as not only could they stand guard in your  room (another weak excuse) but also, you could test run outfits on them... I have to admit though, of all the things in this list, this is probably the one I'd get bored with the quickest. (Black Mannequins from 'who the hell knows?', no seriously I have no idea where you'd get these...)



5.) Ankara Accessories! I absolutely love these! It's so nice to see so many African styles infused into different items and these are some of my favourite. (African fusion accessories from Chic Therapy - click here to check the full collection)

Right! I'm off to bed now people. Take care and look out for news from Paris...

17 comments:

{ Sisi Yemmie } at: 11 June 2011 at 11:17 said...

Enjoy Paris!!!!!

{ Jadore-Fashion } at: 12 June 2011 at 03:41 said...

Nice accessories! Have fun!

xoxo
Stella

{ Rachel - Notes from my closet } at: 12 June 2011 at 16:17 said...

I hope you have a lovely time in Paris! thank you for stopping by my blog :)

Love, Vanilla

http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

{ The Clothes Maiden } at: 12 June 2011 at 16:20 said...

i love paris and this post is great!
follow me for the giveaway! :) :)

www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

{ Cynthia } at: 12 June 2011 at 16:54 said...

Hye Lola, a most excellent blog. I can feel your joy of life!

{ moony } at: 12 June 2011 at 16:58 said...

Nice post :) Have fun in Paris!

neonrosefashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous at: 12 June 2011 at 18:00 said...

not sure what the first picture is of, but i love it!
xx http://highwaiisted.blogspot.com

{ yiqin; } at: 12 June 2011 at 18:17 said...

<3 the skulls!

{ FOLLOWPIX } at: 12 June 2011 at 19:36 said...

Hi Lola, thank you so much for your comment, what a beautiful and interesting blog you have!!Like it. i'm following you now :-)

If you want to do the same (and it would be a pleasure) you find me on

www.followpix.blogspot.com


Anna :-D

{ Unknown } at: 12 June 2011 at 19:37 said...

I adore that chair...fabulous. Hope you have a lovely time in paris xxx

{ Camilla } at: 12 June 2011 at 19:39 said...

awesome photos :)


x Camilla

intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

{ Eeshie } at: 12 June 2011 at 20:36 said...

I NEED THOSE BRACELETS.

<3

{ Marielleheart } at: 12 June 2011 at 22:30 said...

Thanks! Amazing inspiration!

{ Lola X } at: 13 June 2011 at 23:00 said...

Thanks for all the comments people!!!

Lola x

{ Matter Of Style } at: 18 June 2011 at 13:54 said...

wow the chair is amazing and disturbing,one of those things you can't take your eyes off. It looks like something terrific for a movie set but who would buy it to sit in the living room?

{ Windsor Andersen } at: 22 June 2011 at 16:56 said...

Love Love Love the black octopus throne - freakin amazing!

http://eatlovebikini.blogspot.com/

{ Lola X } at: 24 June 2011 at 22:17 said...

@Matter of Style, I'd love to think that I would but I would have no idea where to put it. :-)

@Windsor Andersen, Thanks! I love it too!


Lola x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Lola Land! The re-invention of me
Add blog to our blog directory.
 

Copyright © 2011 Lola Land! The re-invention of me.... All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks