19 Sept 2011

Case of the ex



Hi everyone… September has been so hectic you would not believe!  So I mentioned in my last post (see here) that I was gonna be meeting up with my ex who was visiting London. Thankfully I was able to get out of work on time to meet up with him and it was a strangely surreal yet insightful experience. Basically, I haven’t seen him properly since I left Wales so I was worried it would be awkward and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very far from this. We had a good catch up over dinner and it was so nice to hang out with him. I was having such a great time with him that I actually kinda started having slight “I-miss-you pangs”. When we were together we’d had such a laugh…*sigh*

After dinner we decided to go to a bar for a few drinks and on the walk over to the bar he broke the bombshell to me. He was engaged to be married. The girl is someone I knew from home, nice girl (the sort that would make a great wife – whatever that mean… *scratches head* lol). I was pleased for him (and her too, I guess). I congratulated him and did the usual spiel you do when a friend tells you they’re engaged… Wish them well….etc…Definitely not screaming out loud “Oh Damn!!! When will it be my turn!!!”…Hehehe! Truth be told, I’m not that fascinated with getting married soon. I will eventually but right now, I’m absolutely happy with where I am because its where I wanna be (that almost sounded like I was trying to convince myself! Lol!)

Anyway, as the evening progressed, we keep on swapping war stories about our little old town and then (get this!)… he leans in to kiss me. I SOOOOOOOO DIDN’T SEE THAT ONE COMING! I dodged the kiss like a turkey would (or rather, should) dodge the farmer at Christmas time. I simply refuse to be that girl. Don’t get me wrong, whatever anyone does with someone else is their prerogative (we’re all adults here) but it’s just not for me. The only married (or almost married) man I’d ever hook up with no guilt or regret would be Brad Pitt (Yes, after all these years I still have a HUGE crush on him. In fact, I think it’s bigger than a crush – he may just be the one. Lol! He’ll always have a special place in my heart… hehehehehe!)…. Lets all take a minute to enjoy his awesomeness…

Right, so where was I? Yeah, he tried to kiss me and I swear any “I-miss-you pangs” went in that instant. He’s a great lad but come on! I didn’t know whether to be insulted or flattered (insulted because he did exactly the same thing to me when we were together, flattered because well, I’m obviously so irresistible to him – LOL! I’m kidding!!!! I don’t have an ego that inflated!) Anyway, I made it very clear where I stood and that I wished him the best but he had to get his sh*t together. He went on and on about how confused he was seeing me here and having such a great time… bla bla bla! Honestly, I tuned out after a while (I have a special talent for tuning out!). I just don’t buy stories like that. Getting with someone else is not a way to sort out ones problem – in fact, it more than likely just adds to the problem. After a few minutes I made my excuses and left.

I have to admit, I did leave with a somewhat inappropriate sense of exhilaration – Good riddance, eh!!!

Oh and because this post wouldn’t be complete without a phone picture of what I had for dinner I had to add the picture below! Lol! Okay, it would have been complete but I’ve been eating healthy lately and I just had to show it off!!!

Catch ya later folks!

18 comments:

{ Unknown } at: 19 September 2011 at 23:57 said...

He sounds pretty confused! I don't blame you for dodging!!
You're food looks delicious and so very healthy! yummy!!

{ Carol Riggs } at: 20 September 2011 at 00:13 said...

I tried to comment earlier and got a message saying your blog didn't exist. I guess it really does now! LOL

Anyway. Your food looks yummy! I want some for dinner. :) And good for you for steering clear of that mess of relationship with the ex!

{ Christyn } at: 20 September 2011 at 00:48 said...

Too cute. So funny I just bumped into (unplanned) two of my exes in the last week! One all the way from high school!!! See
lol, too funny.

{ David Macaulay } at: 20 September 2011 at 02:14 said...

Interesting blog Lola - mind you I bet Brad is kinda dull in the real world - I'm probably being dumb but can't find the follo button

{ C.J Duggan } at: 20 September 2011 at 05:04 said...

Ohhhh-ahhhh! I tell ya Lola! I feel like setteling in and grabbing the pop corn when reading your posts! It's better than a movie. That's pretty heavy stuff and just a tad awkward. Good for you for not being that girl and also being a healthy girl - Sha-zam! That platter looks amazing!
Oh and you totally had me at Brad Pitt, that man is rediculously good looking *sigh*

{ Miz } at: 20 September 2011 at 08:53 said...

Good for you, Lola!!!!

{ Miss M } at: 20 September 2011 at 09:55 said...

I actually have a new found respect for you girl cos not everyone can be that strong especially when those silly "i miss you pangs" just won't give up. *sighs*
You go gal!

{ Angela } at: 20 September 2011 at 13:30 said...

Good for you walking away from that! I can't imagine how confusing that must have been, to have him tell you all about his fiance just before he tried to kiss you.

{ RHYTHM AND RHYME } at: 20 September 2011 at 18:15 said...

I think you had a lucky escape, it did it to you before now he is engaged and is still up to his old tricks,Lovely to catch up with home but at least you had a good meal and had your eyes opened.

Have a good day.
Yvonne.

{ Jane Alisa } at: 20 September 2011 at 23:30 said...

Well done on walking away and wow that food looks lovely. xoxo

{ Unknown } at: 21 September 2011 at 02:20 said...

First, your dinner looks delicious!

Second, "I'm engaged," *puckers up*? Who does that?? Good for you for dodging!

{ Jayne } at: 22 September 2011 at 13:01 said...

Well done you for walking away! Sounds like definitely the right move to make. And your dinner looks yum!

{ Myne } at: 22 September 2011 at 16:56 said...

Am I the only one who thinks brad Pitt is over-rated?

Your ex sounds typical, for confused that is, LOL...

Your dinner looks healthy and I like the variety!

{ Chic Therapy } at: 23 September 2011 at 03:45 said...

yeah right, he is not confused.He knows what he was doing and he was hoping the night would end with him in your bed.Hiss

{ Sammysam } at: 24 September 2011 at 02:06 said...

Xtherapy - case closed. phheewwwww
Lovely dinner there.

Kisses

SammySam

{ Wanton Redhead Writing } at: 24 September 2011 at 02:08 said...

I would have kissed him. Of course, I'm divorced and never let my ex move out. So, I'm probably not a good judge for that.

{ May R Ayamonte } at: 24 September 2011 at 11:16 said...

Hi Lola! Interesting blog, I really think so.
Your comment in my blog was amazing because few people who speak inglish visit it.
But well you are so good!
And a interesting post.!

{ Lola X } at: 5 October 2011 at 23:19 said...

Thanks for all the comments and the awards!!! I'm so glad you agree with me. I laugh about it now but at that point in time I just felt it was so inappropriate.

And Myne he soooooooo isn't over-rated!!!!! :-) He's just the right-kinda-rated! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Lola Land! The re-invention of me
Add blog to our blog directory.
 

Copyright © 2011 Lola Land! The re-invention of me.... All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks