5 Sept 2011

Love, Life and Amsterdam


Guess it’s about time I finally gave you guys an update on my neighbour/love-life situation, eh? (See last post here). It’s been so hectic at work lately and I’m ashamed to say this but asides the occasional meet up for food/drinks/sex/whatever, there’s not been much on that front. Totally my fault (or rather, my choice) - I’ve been so busy with work and I’m finally getting to travel lots with my job and as a result I’ve not had as much chance to actually commit properly to anything. He’s been pretty awesome though and I have a great time with him but there’s nothing ‘major’ happening there apart from both of us having a good time together – whenever I can fit that it (Hahaha! That makes me sound like such a self-important diva! I’m not! I swear!)


Also as you all might have noticed, I tend to be a typically happy-go-lucky kinda girl however I have just gotta gripe about a little pet hate I discovered this weekend - Overly confident drunk guys… lol! (keyword there being ‘drunk’!). So, I was out with work colleagues and after my experience the previous week (see post here), I figured I’d best stick to one drink and then grab some dinner. No workday hangovers for me, no sireee! So not worth the headache… literally! Anyway, seeing as there was no way one cocktail was gonna get me drunk, I was pretty sober and as a result, pretty observant that evening. Side note - my body has become so tolerant to alcohol which is pretty bad news for my purse methinks! I digress… At the first bar, there was a barmaid who was flirty with one of the guys on my team - she gave him a free pint and all. Everyone noticed and he got her number before we left –This moment was the creation of a monster! For the rest of the night he kept trying to chat up every single lady who served us (even in the restaurant) it was so unbelievably funny watching the uncomfortable waitresses squirming and trying to be polite while doing their best to get away. Worst thing was he was so drunk he didn’t seem to pick up on the fact that he was a one-hit wonder (and that one-hit had little to do with his ‘pick-up’ skills – the waitress went out of her way to get his attention). I know I’m not one to judge as I like a drink or two myself (make that ten... or twenty, hehehe!) but his oblivion to his faux pax was hilarious! This is definitely a pet-hate I can handle.

In other news though, I did get to go to Amsterdam this week. I loved every minute of it! Apparently, I get to go to other cities as well as part of the project I’m working on – can’t wait! I officially love my job!!! In usual tradition, I took a few photos…
Finished it off with some fantastic sea-food! Deeeeeeee-lish!

12 comments:

{ C.J Duggan } at: 5 September 2011 at 02:21 said...

Ahhh where can I get a job like yours?? Sign me up! Great post as always. "One hit wonder" Hilarious!

{ Alleged Author } at: 5 September 2011 at 02:48 said...

Overly confident drunk guys are freaky. I was walking down the road in Vegas and some guy tapped me on the shoulder to tell me he loved me. Waaay creepy.

{ Myne } at: 5 September 2011 at 07:07 said...

Your job must be awesome! LOL...I love that riverboat scene, and the seafood plate looks so tempting...

{ RHYTHM AND RHYME } at: 5 September 2011 at 08:47 said...

Wow those pictures are awesome. Never been to Amsterdam.

Yvonne.

{ Claudia Moser } at: 5 September 2011 at 09:41 said...

Great reminder of a wonderful city, thanks!

{ Miz } at: 5 September 2011 at 10:28 said...

amsterdam looks like a place i should totally visit!!! I love your job, Lola!!! May we switch jobs, pretty please?

{ Belle } at: 6 September 2011 at 00:33 said...

Great story and I loved seeing Amsterdam. You are lucky to have a job where you can travel.

{ Sharon K. Mayhew } at: 6 September 2011 at 08:30 said...

Wow...Amsterdam looks so inviting. Sadly, I only get to visit their airport later this month.

{ Luciano } at: 7 September 2011 at 13:19 said...

i love the pics.......u sure had fun. nice blog. pls checkout my blog: http://lucianochinwe.blogspot.com/

{ Susan Fields } at: 9 September 2011 at 02:24 said...

What beautiful photos - thanks for sharing!

{ Michael Di Gesu } at: 9 September 2011 at 16:57 said...

Hi, Lola,

Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. I was out of town as well, in Canada. Love your pics and Amsterdam. I haven't been there in years. It's as lovely as ever.

If you still feel like traveling hop over to my blog. I posted pics of Quebec City today if you are in the mode for a taste of France.

{ Lola X } at: 12 September 2011 at 02:27 said...

@CJ LOL! Thanks!!!

@Alleged Author, that would be so freaky! Bleurgh! lol!

@Myne, it is! I love it and the food tastes as good as it looks! :-)

@Welcome to my world... & @claudia & @belle, you should go! Its a lovely city!

@Miz, it was so much fun! Albeit short! No, I'm not letting this job go! lol!

@Sharon, run past security and experience it. Even if for just a few minutes...:-)

@Luciano and Susan, thanks!!!

@Michael, thanks! I did and it's amazing! Much more rustic than I expected! Loved it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Lola Land! The re-invention of me
Add blog to our blog directory.
 

Copyright © 2011 Lola Land! The re-invention of me.... All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks